Last year, the CSISD Board of Trustees called a May 2020 bond election. Due to the pandemic, the election was cancelled. Despite COVID, district enrollment is still trending up.
To prepare for growth, relieve overcrowding, and increase opportunities for CSISD students, the Board of Trustees called a May bond election to implement Phase 1 of a 10-year Facility Plan.
Phase 1 includes:
- A new elementary school for grades 2-4, transitioning the current elementary school to pre-K through 1st grade.
- A new combination Ag/Building Trades Shop with space for a new Health Services Program, upgrades to the Family and Consumer Sciences lab, and a new gymnasium that will serve the entire school district.
Phase 2 of the 10-year Plan would include more projects to accommodate growth and return our elementary campuses to traditional age groupings. The District cannot afford to do all these projects right now, and we don’t need the space just yet. Looking ahead, Phase 2 projects would be:
- A new Middle School campus for grades 6-8 on the Wortham Bend site
- With the opening on the new MS, CSHS would occupy the entire MS/HS site to serve grades 9-12.
- Once the new MS opens, the Primary, Elementary, and Intermediate would become 3 separate Pre-K – 5 elementary campuses organized by attendance zones.
The timing of Phase 2 depends on if voters approve Phase 1 and how quickly enrollment grows. Based on the demographic projections, Phase 2 is anticipated to be 2027 or 2028.
Thank you for your interest in the bond. If you don’t find all the answers to your questions, please use the contact form on this site or call the District at 254.836.1115.